[Nfb-krafters-korner] O T I D Mate Summitt and Yarn

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:01:24 UTC 2015

Terry,

Yes, it is a tricky thing to keep yarn organized. I suppose you might wish
to first consider what is the most important distinction for you. is it
color or type of yarn for example. Then you need to choose a method for
labeling the yarn.

My yarn is stored in two different locations. One is for only acrylic yarn
and the other is for blends or pure cotton or wool. This way when I know I
need some cotton yarn I can look in the correct spot. One of my spots is a
dresser drawer and the other is in a large plastic bin with a lid that I
keep in the bottom of my closet.

Each skein or ball of yarn is placed in a zip lock bag along with a braille
card inside with the brand name, color name and color description and type
of yarn. 3/5 cards work for me.

It does take a few minutes to sort through the bags but since I don't have
walls of shelving available, it is the best I can do.

I am sure you will figure out a strategy that works for you. probably your
biggest challenge will be finding the time to organize your yarn. <smile>

Btw, about the dresser I mentioned, in the other drawers I have one for
looms, one for beading supplies, etc.

Oh yes, I have a separate dresser for my clothes. <grin>
Cathy F