[Nfb-krafters-korner] Summer craft

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Thu Jun 18 20:02:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

While searching for beach crafts for my grandkids visit I ran across this
oldie but goodie and wanted to share it with a twist for my guide dog
friends.

            Memories Prints

In a plastic bowl, round cake pan or any type of object that will hold
plaster of paris. Make your plaster of paris mixture which is 3 plaster of
paris to 1 cup of water. Mix together but do not whip. Pour into your
container, even a cardboard box would do. Mix should be like a pancake
batter, not to thick not to thick. Spread out evenly and add anything like
objects and place your dog's paw down in mix and lift directly up out. Use
something to write date and name next to or over print. If you want this to
hand, like an ornament, place a hole at the top with a straw. Allow to dry
for at leat 24 hours and remoce from you object holding mold. You have a
keepsake of your dog's print, which will last forever. You can place an
sealer over it if desired, and even paint it if desired.

How great is this. Hope you enjoy it. People are making these on the beach
of prints for kids and selling them.

Terry K