[Nfb-krafters-korner] Techniques for Cutting Cardboard

Dani Pagador daniknits at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 04:13:26 UTC 2015

Hi, Everyone.
I'm coming out of lurkdom hoping someone on list has ideas for how to
work with cardboard/coroplast (that plastic coated stuff they make
signs out of) and cutting tools other than scissors.

I'm organizing my kitchen and am using a large plastic bin to store
cleaning rags and dish towels. I want to make a divider to split the
bin in half the short way and thought I'd use cardboard or coroplast
to do this. I've got the tools for measuring it, but don't know how
I'd mark the measurements out, then go about cutting the pieces.
Scissors are out, since I can't cut a straight line to save my life.

Would a knife be better? If so, what kind of knife? How would I need
to go about delineating the area that needs to be cut?

I'd normally ask my husband to help, since he has working eyes and is
good at designing and building things, but I want to see if I can work
out how to do this as independently as possible.

Thanks,
Dani