[Nfb-krafters-korner] questions regarding mosaic tiles

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun May 3 23:32:05 UTC 2015

Has anyone done any mosaic tiling?  I have been reading a little bit  in
the past about it.  When I went to India there was a blind school that I
visited and the teenagers had made tables, serving cake plates out of wood and
then tiled them.  It was amazing to touch them as they cut these smallish
tiles and fitted them into some creative designs.  I wish I could see the
colors, but they were described to me.

Going back when I was a kid, I had made tile hot plates up at my school
play ground in the summer.  I think we glued the tiles in place and then
poured something to fill in between the tiles.  Then after it was totally  dried
we kinda polished the tiles to get the chalky white stuff off of it.

I tthink I want to investigate some more into this.

Anyone has done this before?

Joyce