[Nfb-krafters-korner] identifying yarn colors

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:24:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I know this has probably been mentioned before  but I just had to write to
tell all of you about my experience.

I received an order of yarn today and of course needed to have the various
colors sorted out. wow, I used an IOS ap called tap tap see. It actually
told me all of the following information when I took a picture of my first
skein of yarn. it said:

"yellow roll of kitchen cotton yarn on white surface."

I suppose the camera identified the brand of kitchen cotton by the picture
on the label. The white was the bathroom sink I'd laid the skein on to take
the pic.
Of course it didn't know the exact shade of yellow, but I could determine
that by remembering what I'd ordered. The trick is not to order two
different shades of yellow at the same time.

If you have an I device and haven't tried this ap, do try it!
Cathy F