[Nfb-krafters-korner] To Teach or not to teach

Catherine jacobse cjacobse at telus.net
Thu Nov 5 01:10:29 UTC 2015

After a earring class taught by Lisa Maria (I think); it was probably 2 years ago; I got hooked on the challenge of doing Bezantine chainmail. excuse my spelling.
The owner of a local  bead store was offering a class on this jewelry making technique.  I told her I just needed descriptive instructions.   This lovely lady blind folded herself while making a bracelet to help her find the words to teach me.  I have a bracelet and earrings in this pattern and another bracelet in a box   chain mail pattern.  All thanks to her willingness to teach me and my own determination to do it.
Words were not quite enough. She would describe what to do while I tried to manipulate the links in my clutsy littlefingers.  Sometimes we resorted to hands on.

OOPs! time to call in!
C J