[Nfb-krafters-korner] My next step

Lisa burns combo hotmail gmail lisaburns1220 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:18:33 UTC 2015

So I asked some of my sighted friends if they'd be interested in taking a
jewelry class together or if they'd be interested in helping me and they
said no.  I live in a college town so I contacted the community college and
university's art and special ed departments to see if they had anyone who'd
want to do these things.  I said I could write them a reference if they
needed volunteer hours for a class or something along those lines.  I also
want to say that I admire and respect sighted people who want to learn how
to help us.  I do not have issues with working with sighted individuals, I
just have a problem with ignorance.  I admire those of you who are sighted
and joined this list.  I wish more people would join this list.  I actually
have a few art majoring friends who might be interested in joining the list
if that's ok?  I'd have to ask them but I think it could be a learning
experience for them.  So I apologize if my comment on preferring a blind
teacher came across as offensive to any of you.  I'd actually prefer anyone
who is interested in being educated on and work with blind individuals.

---