[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting-A-Round with Needles

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 10 00:07:45 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Joyce and I are planning a series of classes for 2016 that focus on various
techniques of knitting in the round, as well as knitting round objects.  Our
plan is to kick off the series with a chat, and then every 2 month offer a
class that uses a different technique to produce something that is shaped
like a tube, a cone, a ball, or a circle.  We are thinking that these
classes will be offered in January, March, May, July, September and
November.  We don't know if they will all be phone, e-mail or some
combination of these.  The day of the week and the time of day will be based
on what works for the teacher.  The number of sessions or e-mails will be
determined by the project and the teacher.

Do you have a favorite pattern that makes use of double pointed needles
(dpn's), magic loop, 2 circular needles, some combination of these
techniques?  Maybe you know how to use straight needles or 2 dpn's to make
something that is round or circular?  We are in need of teachers to teach
these classes.  If you are interested or would like to discuss being a
teacher for one of these classes, please send an e-mail to both Joyce and
Annette.  Once we see how many teachers are interested and what types of
techniques and projects we have, we will put together a schedule.

Don't be shy.  First-time teachers are welcome.  Have an idea but not sure
how to organize it into a class?  Don't worry.  Joyce and I will provide you
with guidance.

Let the creativity flow!

Annette & Joyce