[Nfb-krafters-korner] Loom Knit Sweaters

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:49:11 UTC 2015

Hi Hettie, I’m not Karen, but thought I’d chime in, the some of the knitting boards from authentic knitting boards are adjustable, meaning you can take them apart and adjust the width between the front/back aka top/bottom boards to adjust gauge and with the use of sliders 5 or 6 peg sliders, you can adjust how many pegs to use, the full length of the board or just a few pegs. The sliders are generally used in single knitting rather than double knitting, they allow you to use the knitting boards as both a rake/long loom or in the round. In the round you can adjust down to number of pegs needed to make say a sock or mitten or as large of a round project as you need.
The peg extenders come with the 28” board which has a set number of pegs, by adding the extenders you can set it up to single knit a baby blanket size project. Also with the peg extenders one can use the loom as a weaving board. These looms are generally a 3?8” gauge loom, they are nice, I like them, it did take me some time to get comfortable using the smaller gauge.
Hope that helps.
Barb