[Nfb-krafters-korner] I did it!

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Thu Oct 15 21:00:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

This morning we had the second of six weeks' classes through my church,
called "knit together." I had a crochet project to work on, but I really
wanted to find out how to knit on one of the new looms I just bought. So one
of my friends began instructing me on the figure 8 thing. I didn't
understand it at all. But then, suddenly, I was doing it! Yea! So now when I
take Henry's class, I will have had a little practice.

It is interesting, just in that small group, how people learn differently.
At first, my friend was doing the wrapping but when I put my fingers on what
she was doing, she couldn't see where I needed to work, or what I was doing.
So then I had her verbally instruct me so that I was the one wrapping the
yarn around the pegs. That worked best for me. Some of them learned better
by someone doing some for them, but not me.

I also did not use the tool that comes with the looms. I have trouble
knowing what I am doing unless I use my fingers. To each her/his own, I
guess.

I do feel better now that I was able to zigzag. Then pulling the lower loop
over the top one I already knew from making a hat using my round loom.

Thanks,

Lauren