[Nfb-krafters-korner] o.t. a new site

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Fri Oct 23 11:21:44 UTC 2015

Hi to all list members,
Since someone just asked, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have
finally managed to get a site up and running that I have been working on for
a long time.
It is called The BizViz Network and it is at http://bizviznet.com.
Basically, it is a site where blind and visually impaired users can place
their own personal and business ads.
There are many different categories but list members might be interested in
the one for hand-made items for sale.
There are only a few listings so far but an ad for KK was the very first ad
I placed myself.
You have to be a registered user to list or to reply to ads via the site.
All ads may be placed for free
Since the site is new there might not be a lot of traffic, but I am hoping
that as people place more ads the word will spread and so more people will
see the ads that are there, etc. etc.
If you prefer, I can send you an e-mail to fill in in order to do
registration for you and to list your ad.
I am working on a way so people can see a summary of ads placed on a day
without even having to visit the site. Only if they see an interesting ad
they can go to find more info.
I am also working on a way to incorporate an accessible RSS feed for the
site.
So, please feel free to let me know what you think off list at
stephlin at iafrica.com.
I know the KK list is busy, so please send me your thoughts privately.
I am still sorting out a few technical details but I need to know how the
site comes up on different platforms like Internet Explorer, Android or IOS,
etc.
Thanks for reading and please feel free to list an ad and to spread the
word.
Lindy
To list your business or personal ad for free or find what you need,
			visit http://bizviznet.com, a business and
classifieds site for blind and visually impaired users