[Nfb-krafters-korner] two Ot'S

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Mon Oct 26 06:32:13 UTC 2015

Hi,
Two churches ago, my choir director sent me electronic versions of the words and even a link to an example of the songs, if he found one. He always took the time to answer my questions during rehearsal. He was big on inclusion and if I needed a chair, I had one. When we were lighting candles for our Christmas service and the woman next to me handed the candle past me, he stepped over and lit mine for me. When I made up a new song, he let me sing it at one of the services. I've been spoiled. I've had more than one choir director listen to me and make things more accessible to me. He thought it was neat that I used braille and that I could use a computer. He also liked it that I could sing, haha.

Last year, at our Camp Meeting, they had a choir of people who showed up the last day to rehearse. Several of the young men on their staff helped me get where I needed to on the risers and helped me back down. No one stopped me from joining them and singing.

So I think my church people are being snobbish and just waiting for me to be healed. I'm waiting for them to really include me.

Thanks,
Lauren, who really doesn't want to look for another church

Blessings in Jesus’ name:
My digital evangelism blog is at:
www dot ask in jesus name dot org (you need to retype it)
Psalm 34:1-2 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
Advice from my cats:”meow when you feel like it.”