[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tactile Music (was String Art?)

Sydney (Nicoletta) Freedman cantrixcaeca at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:03:50 UTC 2015

If one had a tactile graphic of the dots or even a grid, one could
place the pins oneself.

I'm experimenting with some things using graph paper. It's rather
abstract, though, as I'm doing work on graphing musical patterns. I'm
experimenting with new tactile music notation/transcription ideas in
collaboration with a sighted colleague who is using similar visual
time/pitch graphs. I've also made felted patterns (not very tactile at
the end but subtle in texture) and in fised glass (I placed bits of
glass with the help of a sighted person and a grid, and then my friend
fired the piece). I included a lot of colour in that one. I want to
experiment with weaving in this project, too. Also, does anyone think
that plastic canvas could work? I'm not very familiar with the
stitches. I looked at latchhooking, but that seemed fiddly to me.

Sorry...I've gone way off topic now!

Nicoleta

On 26/10/2015, Cathy via Nfb-krafters-korner