[Nfb-krafters-korner] To the Board

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Fri Sep 25 18:26:57 UTC 2015

Well said Ramona!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Ramona Walhof via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:53 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Cc: Ramona Walhof
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] To the Board

Terry K, .  I do not have a guilty conscience.  This is a healthy division.
All of us are volunteers and have a role to play.  Not everybody is going to do the same things.  This is a very busy list, and I am glad it is, but not everybody needs to put up multiple messages every day or even every week.  I have seen messages from every single board member from time to time.  There are other jobs that are being done besides posting to the list.  Teaching classes, talking to nonmembers, raising funds, keeping track of NFB activities we need to interact with, Handling the Website, and I could go on.  Joyce does a wonderful job, and I congratulate all who help, both board members and other active members.  Cathy and Jill are the newest on the Board, and they are wonderful additions.  Project leaders are also very important.  Many  members are doing a great job.  Teachers are also very important. Not every single person has to be a leader.  Some will come and go.  That is normal. Individuals will also have reasons for not posting:
computer break-downs, health problems, travel, etc.

Let's just enjoy the group.  Yes, of course, we can make improvements, but please, let's be positive.  If there are problems to solve, please, let's do it privately.  This list has been very positive, and I like it that way.  It is great for somebody to welcome new members, or two or three people do it, and that happens nicely.  If everybody welcomed every new member, Nobody
would read all those messages.
I like to learn about new members, but there are some old ones I really don't know much about, as well.  I don't know all the answers, but this group serves a valuable purpose, and I believe it will continue to do so.
Ramona