[Nfb-krafters-korner] Question about sewing machines

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 04:26:51 UTC 2015

Kebbie, I don't think there is a best kind of sewing machine for a blind
person.  There are some features that are desirable, such as a seam guide
that screws onto the top of the cabinet sewing surface.  You need to get a
clerk at the store to let you try out the machine and ask questions.
Depending on how much sewing experience you have, you will either think of
very basic questions or more advanced ones.  Don't plan to buy until yiou
have examined some machines.   People on this list can be more helpful if
you ask specific questions once you have started looking at machines.

 Ramona