[Nfb-krafters-korner] upcoming class: Beginning Cro Hooking

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:35:00 UTC 2016

Beginning Cro Hooking

Class name: Beginning Cro Hooking

Craft category: crochet

Phone or email?  Phone

Instructor: Annette Carr

(Click on the instructor's name above to contact her/him for questions
regarding this class.)

Class date: June 4, 2016

Time if applicable: 2 pm eastern

Sign up deadline: May 28, 2016

Class description: This telephone class will teach you the basic Cro Hooking
technique.  Cro Hooking combines aspects of crochet and knitting and is very
similar to Tunisian crochet.  It produces a dense 2-color reversible fabric
that can be used for scarves, Afghans and much more.  You must know how to
crochet a chain, and work the single crochet stitch.

Skill level: Skills needed are the ability to use a crochet hook to chain
and make the single crochet stitch.

Supplies Needed:

.         Cro hook appropriate for the weight of your yarn.  A "J" or "I"
sized hook should work.  A Cro hook has a crochet like hook at both ends of
the needle.  The hooks are the same size.  Cro hooks come in a variety of
sizes, but I recommend that you start with one that is around 8 inches.

.         2 rubber bands or 2 twist ties, or 2 point protectors that will
fit over the hook of your Cro hook.

.         2 locking stich markers or 2 split stitch markers, or 2 of some
other item that will allow you to mark a stitch.

.         Something to cut your yarn.

Where can you get supplies?

Local craft stores such as A.C.Moore, Michaels Crafts, JoAnne's, local yarn
shops, etc.

Sign up