[Nfb-krafters-korner] seaming toddler sweater

Catherine jacobse cjacobse at telus.net
Fri Apr 29 21:41:38 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I am just finishing seaming the shoulders.  Had to go buy stitch markers, I used to have some, but they’ve disappeared - poof!
This is the painful part (for me that is); I measure at least  twice. Double check that I’m working on the inside out.  And then I check it all again. I ripped out the first shoulder seam as I felt that it was too bulky, I just didn’t like the feel.  So this time I did what I call a whip stitch. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.  I vaguely remember this from home Ec when my care factor was focused on Where the Boys are.  .
Back to this century and cute little sweater.
after matching up sides, shoulders and markers, and then for me counting stitch by stitch to make sure all is even  (silent scream!)
Seaming shoulder seam, using same yarn as sweater and one of those fat needles:
  from back to front, go under  2 threads/ loops, one from back and one from front
pull seaming yarn snug-ish
take needle over top of work to back and repeat stitching back to front picking up only 1 loop from each side; that is 1 from back and 1 from front.  I like the results of this much better, feels smoother.
I showed it to hubby and asked him “doesn’t this look good?” Then I told him to just agree.  He did. You know; happy wife, happy life! LOL
Thanks for listening, I’m finished venting; feel much better.   Ready to move on to the seaming of sleeves/armholes.   .

If any suggestions please do share.
Catherine J