[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introduction

Valerie snowflake9587 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:40:26 UTC 2016

Hi Lindy, Henry and all the rest,
My apologies for not responding sooner. School and my art classes are keeping me on my toes, and I have a few ceramics projects, and a commission from someone who wants a statue of their guide dog, but made into a piggy bank. I’m preparing to start these projects, and see about getting a page on Etsy and/or see about setting up a website. That I may need help with because I don’t have the head for programing, much as I love geeking out with my technology.
Henry, I’m excited about learning all I can here, and maybe teaching classes as well. I haven’t the first clue how to teach people, but I think it would be a great experience for me and what I want to do. I want to expose more blind children to art, both in things already created that they can feel, and things they can create themselves. I want them to know that it is an option for them, and that they can make a career out of it somehow.
Lindy, I would love to tag team with you on an origami class at some point. What do you do to prepare for teaching a class? I’d like to talk with you off list as well, and I’d really love to see the text based instructions you mentioned. I currently volunteer ad the Blind Children’s Learning Center, and occasionally at a local VI resource room in an elementary school. I think some origami models would hold interest for kids who want to learn, or who can just color them after they’re made.
I hope everyone is well,
Blessings,
Valerie