[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: Welcome letter for "Transitioning to Unified English Braille"

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 15:57:18 UTC 2016

Hi Terry,

It's a good course.  It will be helpful since most materials being transcribed now will be in this format.  I am reading reader's Digest that's now in UEB.  Reading words isn't too bad, but it's some of the punctuation and other notification symnbols that are challenging.  But don't worry, they usually put those symbols in a list at the beginning of the book or magazine because most people don't know them.  You have a good instructor, too.

Also, another Hadley instructor, susan Fisher, holds an "office hours" group by phone on Tuesday afternoons from 4:30-5:30 EDT.  We discuss braille and blindness related topics.  We usually have 10-12 people on there each week.  You are welcome to join us.  The number and access code are 712-432-5610 and the access code is 6658#.  Others are welcome to join, too.

Good luck with your course.

Annely