[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT Braille

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:06:17 UTC 2016

Ah yes the slate and stylus. I learned how to use one in 1963. I also
remember the slate that opened in the back so you could read the braille.
the new slate and stylus sound interesting, I'd like to see one out of
curiosity.

I didn't find it difficult to learn braille on either the braille writer or
the slate and stylus. However, I think that at age six and seven a child
could learn just about anything. I am grateful for my early braille training
and to my parents for sending me to a school where I could learn braille and
know that I was not the only blind person in the world. <smile>