[Nfb-krafters-korner] Does Alexa do crafts? The dot!!!

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:29:45 UTC 2016

There are 3 versions of the Amazon Echo.
The original Echo which has a built in speaker.
The Dot, which has a mono speaker, it sounds like it is coming out of a tin
can.  There are the older version of this which is reliant on the household
already having an active Echo, and the more recent version which is not
dependent on another Echo in the household.  For those of you who have just
purchased the Dot, in the last quarter of 2016, you should have the second
generation Dot.
The third version of the Echo is the Tap.  This one is not voice activated.
One must push a button to peak to it.  This has a built in speaker.  It is
also able to travel cordlessly, as it is rechargeable.  I like this one for
taking out on the deck with me at my summer house. It is about the size of 2
mandarin orange cans stacked on top of each other.  The Tap can also travel
out of range of your Wi-Fi and act as a Bluetooth speaker for things like
your iPhone.  This is nice when I go down to the beach.  Then the tap
doesn't do the Alexa tricks, but, will like I said act as a speaker for your
Bluetooth enabled devices.  I like this for reading my BARD books from my
iPhone while sitting on the beach.

Dixie
@-> ~ <-@