[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT The New Year

Henry Osborne hosbornejr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:13:03 UTC 2016

Hi Terry K, what is a Hopping John?

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Knox via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:29 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Cc: Terry Knox
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] OT The New Year

Here is an update. Today is 10 days and I still have a lingering flue. It is
an up and down thing, one day better the next terrible. So looking forward
to the end of 2016 and looking forward to preparing our Southern Tradition
of Hoppin John for News Years Day. Hope you all are getting yours ready. A
reminder, I am teaching the Very Beginners Crochet class, next Friday, Jan.
6 at 8PM and if you want to consider if you want to try this craft, but want
to learn the basics please sign up for this class. This class is really not
a class to learn stitches, it is a class to learn the skill of the hook,
yarn and tension. It is mostly lecture of the things you need to start
learning this craft. The class will get you ready to learn the stitches, and
what tools this takes and how to use your hands and fingers. I hope to teach
the chain but not sure. You should know after this class, if crocheting is
something you want to try and the right fundamentals. Please go to the web
side and sign up.

Terry K