[Nfb-krafters-korner] how the iphone can help with everything

Rebecca Strite rstrite at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:45:19 UTC 2016

I  know the Iphone is very popular with the low vision/blindness  community.
However I  have an Android  phone with Talkback.  Talkback is equivalent  to
Serie.  I  have a  piece of scotch tape on my phone where I  need to swipe
to answer phone calls and unlock the phone. In my opinion the Android
phones are cheaper than IPhone.  In fact right now the KNFB reader is on
sale through the Google  play store for $19.95.  There is a  rumor it will
only be on sale until the end of the year. If anyone is interesting in
getting started with an android  phone or learn more a  book to check out is
Getting Started with Android (ANDROID) by Ana Garza and JJ Meddaugh, and can
be found at http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/ANDROID.html. There also is a  list
serve one can join https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/eyes-free.

Have a  wonderful day!

Rebecca Strite