[Nfb-krafters-korner] how do you hold your crochet hook, was class list out

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Mon Feb 15 01:22:45 UTC 2016

Hi,
My mom showed me how to hold the crochet hook. But it seemed like it was
just thrown out there in midair. Sighted people could see what was going on
but I couldlnl't feel anything. So I modified how I hold mine. I use my
thumb and middle finger on the sides toward the bottom like a saddle,
holding the hook. The back end of my hook comes up under the palm of my
hand, so my hand helps steady the hook. My pointer finger is over the top of
my hook near the end where the crocheting action is.Sometimes my pointer
finger goes under the front end to "see" what's going on. My left hand
touches the yarn so that it, and my pointer finger, right hand, are guiding
the hook. So there is no "out there in midair" stuff going on. I do not hold
my hook like a fork; I want more leverage than that.
Thanks,
Lauren

Blessings in Jesus’ name!Now all glory to God, who is able, through his
mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might
ask or think.
   --Ephesians 3:20, NLT
Blessings in Jesus’ name:
My digital evangelism blog is at:
www . ask in jesus name . org (take out the spaces when you type it)
advice from my cats:”meow when you feel like it.”