[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet; front post...?

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Tue Feb 23 21:51:07 UTC 2016

Kathryn,
This is an easy stitch. I will describe it below.

You will have made a row of Half Double or triple, or what the pattern calls for and you have chained up 3 or more, to start a new row, the pattern might call for chain four. You are going to start a new row, read this row first and the first stitch might be a double crochet in first space and the next stitch is make a double crochet in back post. Feel the last row you completed and in between the long stitch is your Post. The instructing you to go into the space before the post and place your hook behind the post. Example the hook is behind the column of a fence or post, the long stitch made by the dc in the last row. If this was a dc in or back post you would have yarned over before going behind this post. You would have yo or taken up your working yarn behind the post andtaken the yarn behind the post and up to the new row you are working on and completed the dc with the post in the middle of this dc. To rephrase. New row. DC in bp. YO reach down to last row completed finding first long stitch and insert hook behind this post. Yo, pull yarn completely up to new row and complete your dc. Continue on making the dc around the post for each post in prior row. It sound hard but once you do it with your hands you will get it.

Front Post dc

Is the same, but instead of going behind the post stitch in prior row you go in front of post. YO reach into space past post yo and pull up yarn you hace to new row and complete your dc.

Hope you understand. Just try it it is not hard. Hope you understand.
Terry K