[Nfb-krafters-korner] our blog has a new look for 2016!

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 06:23:05 UTC 2016

Hi all,

First of all I would like to wish all of you happiness and good health this
year.

In order to start the new year off right, I decided to update our blog with
a new and improved look and better access for screen readers. It now has a
home page where our division is introduced and briefly described. It has the
new NFB logo displayed with an alt tag saying "live the life you want."  .
There are links to other pages of the blog describing all one might wish to
know about our division.
There are links on the home page to these pages.  The home page also
contains links to our division home page as well as our Facebook and twitter
pages. Below these links are postings to our upcoming classes. If you wish,
you can use your jaws links list view to go to the list of upcoming classes
which all begin with the letter U.  now we also have our past postings of
classes divided by month, so that all you see on the home page is the
classes for the month. But you can click on any of the links to check out
past classes.
Oh yes, and the text is white on a black background.

So, please go check out the blog and give me some feedback.

By the way, after making these changes to the blog I search for
craftingblind with no space on google and our blog came up as hit 1. The
Nebraska NFB site came up as hit 1 with crafting blind with a space and
contained Susan Roe's article about our division.
I also learned there is a seller of craft items on Etsy and her name is
craftingblind, the same as our blog. hmm, I wonder if she is blind and
whether she knows about us?  does anyone know a Donna from Everett
Washington?

she began selling in 2013 on Etsy before we began our blog. of course Joyce
and I had no idea that the blog would be named after someone.

Cathy F