[Nfb-krafters-korner] A knitting question revisited!

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 07:24:56 UTC 2016

You may be pulling your color change too tight. Again, all color changes
should be on the back of the work. A sighted person could see an outline to
your color changes on the back only. If you have the strands on the front of
your work, you are not doing the color change correctly. Keep color changes
to the back when you are knitting and facing you when you are purling the
wrong side.

Do not pull the color change tight. The yarn strands should be hanging out
waiting for you to come back to them when you work the following row. Do not
twist the yarns together I knit continential so that my working yarn is
coming from the right needle and held in my left hand. When I change colors,
I take that working yarn and simply hold it with the fingers holding the
right needle so that it is out of the way Then grab the new color and hold
it in my left hand ready to knit with it. After the first two stitches, I
drop the old working yarn that was held by the fingers holding the right
needle. This technique keeps the same tension in the yarn for that change.
By bringing the new yarn under the working yarn, you are locking the color
change together so that you do not have any separation between your blocks
as Ramona mention. I have used this technique for many color block baby
blankets and never have a gap.

Cindy S.
PS It will be tedious with blocks that are only 4 stitches wide.