[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: CI update

Shelbi Hindel shelbiah1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:42:34 UTC 2016

Barb,
I also add my pleasure on your behalf and am extremely interested in all
aspects of the process. I have a hearing impaired child and the personal
experience is of interest. Professionals are good but their perspective is
different than that of a person who has actually gone through the process.
Ethan is 20 now so maybe could consider this. Previously he was too young or
at least had interests and medical procedures that prevented him from having
a cocular implant. He does rather well with aids. He got them around age 6.
I remember that our grandfather clock terrified him when he started hearing
it. We'd always had it but he just thought it moved and was neat to watch,
having no idea it made a sound. He too has high frequency loss for most
significant. Anyway enough rambling from me but thanks so much for posting
and sharing your experience with this list.
Shelbi