[Nfb-krafters-korner] dropped stitch knitting class

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 21:25:02 UTC 2016

Hello knitters,

Don't forget we have homework for the dropped stitch knitting class. The
class was scheduled to close yesterday, but as I write on Sunday around 4 PM
eastern, it is still available for sign up.

I went to the class to get the homework instructions so I could be ready for
class on Saturday January 30 at 2 PM eastern.

Below is the homework.

Annette I do need to ask you whether you would like these swatches to each
have a working yarn attached to them. What I mean is, should I be using two
separate balls of yarn? I have one swatch ready and await your answer.
Thanks.

Homework to be completed prior to class: 1. Create 2 swatches that are not
bound off. Swatch 1 will be the first one we work with in class, so you
might want to make that one last if you only have 1 set of knitting needles.

2. Stockinette Stitch swatch 1:
Cast on 20 stitches.
Row 1 Knit.
Row 2 Purl.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until you have completed at least 10 rows in total. More
is fine, just be sure to end with a Row 2 (Purl). This will leave you ready
to start with a Knit row in class. Do not bind off. This swatch will need to
be on your needles at the start of class.
3. Garter Stitch swatch 2:
Cast on 20 stitches.
Knit at least 10 rows. More is fine. Do not bind off. Move to a stitch
holder if you only have 1 pair of knitting needles. This will be the second
swatch we work with in class. If you are storing it on a stitch holder, you
will have to move the swatch on to a pair of knitting needles during class.

Cathy F