[Nfb-krafters-korner] Are we bored?

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:53:42 UTC 2016

Hi Joyce,

Well I for one am certainly not bored, for I am busy with crafts.

As a teacher here on the korner, I agree with you that the purpose of our
classes is to teach not simply provide a pattern. It is discouraging to an
instructor to prepare for a class only to have everyone simply listening to
a phone class or collecting the patterns from an email class without any
participation. However, I do not mean to imply that there are no students
who do take the class and follow along and I personally appreciate those
folks who are working along with me.

I have a beaded loom knit necklace and a loom knit shawl class coming up in
February and March and hope to have students who will participate in the
class.

On the other side of the coin, I did find that last year I had difficulty
participating in all of the classes I signed up to take, so this year I
decided to be more selective in what I chose to take. I am hoping that in
this way I can participate in all of my classes.

This month I took the knitted snowflake dishcloth class and I am really
enjoying this project. the cloth comes out round with 24 points on it, and
has a lacey delicate effect due to the short row shaping. I am three-fourths
through the pattern. As I said yesterday, I am looking forward to the
dropped stitch class, this is something I have wanted to learn for quite a
while now. I love the idea of cutting down on my tinking.

I am looking forward to Dixie's and Karen's classes in February which I have
signed up to take.

I am also working on a crocheted throw for my wing chair and Valerie's
prayer shawl. I am close to two-thirds done with the shawl.

I hope everyone else is having a nice winter.

Sent from northeast Ohio Where the temperature is 12 degrees and we've got
about five inches of snow on the ground and more coming down.
Cathy F