[Nfb-krafters-korner] notes from tonight's chat

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 19 02:44:07 UTC 2016

Hello All, Below you will find the notes from our chat tonight.
I hope you have as much fun with them as I have.

Thank you for joining me.  Please feel free to ask any questions
you might have.  It was pretty hard to put the instructions into
words so I hope they make sense.

Carol O

Crochet chain Pom Poms
Make length of chain as follows.
For a small pom pom chain 140 and put hook through every 7th
chain.  For medium, chain 245 and put hook through every 7th
chain.  For large, chain 450 and put hook through every 10th
chain.  Cut the yarn, yo and pull through loop on hook to fasten
off.

Thread a yarn needle.  (you can just leave the yarn attached to
the ball) Put the needle through the first chain and every 7th
chain back to the end.  Basically, you will be gathering the
entire  length of chain onto the needle.  Pull the yarn through
all the stitches.  Pull tight and tie.  cut yarn from the ball
and fluff the pom pom.

Curly fringe

Attach yarn to the short edge of the scarf with a slip stitch.
Chain 15.  Do 3 sc in second chain from hook and in each chain
back to the edge of the scarf.  Slip stitch in about 3 or 4
stitches along the edge of the scarf.  Chain 15 again to make the
next spiral.  3 sc in second chain from hook and in each chain
back to the scarf  as before.  continue this pattern until you
reach the end of the scarf.  Repeat on opposite edge.

The number of slip stitches between the spirals can be adjusted
so the spirals are evenly spaced along the scarf.

For added interest you can vary the length of the spirals by
simply making the chain longer.     For example,  ch 15, ch 25,
ch 35, ch 25, ch 15 pattern.  Use your imagination and have fun!

How to make 3 strands of yarn held together as one from just one
ball of yarn.
Fold back a section of yarn so you have 2 strands laying next to
each other.  Now, fold back this 2 strand section so you have 3
strands laying next to each other.  tie your slip knot at the end
where the tail is.  Make your slip knot holding all 3 strands
together.  proceed with your project as usual.  When you get to
the end of the 3 strand section, reach through the loop and grasp
the single strand.  pull that strand through the loop about an
arms length or what ever you are comfortable with.  You will now
have another 3 strand section to continue your project.  Continue
this process to the end of your project.  I was told there is no
problem pulling out your work if necessary.