[Nfb-krafters-korner] What is on my needles?

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:53:00 UTC 2016

Well,

I am breaking into my yarn stash, using quite a bit of yarn right now.

I am as a friend says on a yarn diet.  That means no more purchasing until I
eat through some of the stash.

I am knitting a grocery bag dispenser in Ramona's email class.  I am though
changing it up a bit and adding a couple of cables to add some texture to
the finished project.  For this I am using a hank of water buffalo yarn in a
bright blue.  I had won it at a tea cup auction and thought it much to
scratchy to use in a garment.

I am also working on a couple of dish cloths to see how they work up for
classes later this year.

Of course these are done in cotton.  I have several cones of cotton for
these projects.

I am also taking Barb's loom knit shawl class, but, have just ripped back
and will start over again as I wasn't happy with the work I had done on that
.

For this I am using 2 threads together.  A friend of mine goes to a shop
where they get cones of mill ends.  She gets them for about $2.50 a cone and
I am going to use them for my prayer shawls.

I too am looking forward to Annette's and Karen's upcoming classes.

Finally, I have just designed a new cabled wine bottle cozy  , that I am
looking into teaching later this year.    I am quite pleased with the way it
is turning out.

I unfortunately missed Joyce's mitten class last week as I had to take a
training for my position as membership database manager for GDUI.  I did
though see your directions here on list Joyce, and will be ready to go on
Thursday evening.

This I will be knitting with some of my homespun yarn.  This particular yarn
has much of the lanolin left in it so it is more waterproof when knitted
into mittens.

Dixie at -> ~ <-@