[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting question

Lighthouse lighthouse1948 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 23:50:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recently bought some craft books in braille from blind mice mega mall.  In
one the knitting books it keeps using the abbreviation m.  For instance, k
1, m 1,k 1.  What the blue blazes is m 1.  I have never seen that in a
knitting pattern.  Other places it says p 1, so I don't think it is a
mistake for using a p.  Any light someone can shed on this would be
appreciated.

I am a little astounded that it doesn't have a list of abbreviations used in
the book.  Most pattern books in print or braille has an abbreviations list.
Most of the abbreviations I see in the book are pretty obvious, like cn for
cable needle.

Hope everybody is enjoying their 4th of July holiday weekend.  Today my
daughter and her husband and I went to our town's celebration with food,
games and crafts.  I wasn't to impressed with the crafts.  Other years I
have seen some pretty cool stuff.  I bought a sign a few years ago that
says, "Nana's house, warm cookies and hugs".  It wasn't one of the signs
that originally was burnt into the wood, but the vendor did it for me so I
could feel it.  My handyman put a weather appropriate finish on it.  It is
hanging on my porch.  I did buy a set of glass jewelry that is pretty nice.
Nothing else actually was tempting.  I think they sacrificed crafts for
carnival type games.

Have a great holiday,

Bernice and my sweet Octane.