[Nfb-krafters-korner] Coming soon...............

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 4 20:27:24 UTC 2016

Debee,

This is not weird at all.  I think I saw at least one of Barbara Walker's
stitch encyclopedias on either BARD or BookShare.  Wouldn't it be really
great if we were able to make a sample of every stitch pattern from at least
one of her books, attach it to card stock and add the page reference from
the book, and the yarn and needle info used in braille and large print?
Then assemble each chapter's worth of  samples in a separate binder.  Have
them on display at the Convention, and then donate the completed binders to
one of the centers  or residential schools where we know they promote
knitting.

Another idea would be to make squares and then at convention sew them
together to make a blanket to donate to one of the many charities that
accept them.  I coordinated this effort for my daughter's girl scout troop.
We made 3 adult sized blankets, and 1 child sized blanket.

Annette