[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT guide dogs

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 03:35:29 UTC 2016

All you guide dog users.  I need to ask you  folks out there something.I
don't know how old you folks are, but I had 2 Seeing Eye dogs to guide me
for 18 years.  I had to put down my last one a year ago, but had basically
retired her the year prior, but kept her.

This is a question for folks facing those getting older.  I had basically
retired her earleier as my husband retired and would give me the, "You don't
need her, you got me to guide you"  So I had not used her for maybe 9 months
and then my husband died, I broke my ankle and then in August she got sick
for 3 days and brought her in to the vet to find out she had diabetes and
was recommended I put her down.

I really after my second fall off a curb in Baltimore and broke my 5th
metatarsil just could not think of getting another guide dog.  I felt I
could not make it through the training andcould not keep up with a younger
guide.  I did get a lab mix 4 month old as my household was way too empty.

Does anyone know if they put older dogs out to older people?  I miss being
guided and actually I miss the steadiness of my feet with a guide to guide
me.  I would like to turn back the hands on a clock and change the early
retirement of using a guide, but I feel that I am too old and...

I am sure it is all this mixed up feelings about the crazy blowing up and
stealing the ashes and urns from the cemetery.  Not even our service men can
rest in peace and I don't have a place to go and share our resting place
together now.

Oh well, I do remember the last time I saw fireworks.  I was in Stratford
and was by myself as John was working and no one would go with me[kids grow
up too fast] and I took Guy my little long hair red Dachshund with me down
to this parking lot near the beach.  Put my chair in the middle of the
parking lot, people went down to the beach and didn't park and walk.  I set
my chair up along with my camera stand and took pictures of the fire works
while Guy sat in my lap.  I went in for my heart surgery on August 26 and
that was the last time I saw anything.

Send us your red, white and blue projects and send us some pictures, too.
We need to put pictures of what you are working on to show off you don' have
to see in order to enjoy your crafting.

Joyce