[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: faxing on the mac

Catherine jacobse cjacobse at telus.net
Thu Jul 7 20:47:37 UTC 2016

Hello Cathy,
Faxing seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird.  I think the printer you use needs to have fax capability, if you need to fax out.  I use the scanning feature on my printer.  My mac air is all friendly with that, although it took sometime for me to  figure it out.
apple vis is a great resource for accessible apps.
> Not sure if the following  helps , the new thing for moving money, ie paying bills or even  employers paying staff.  It  is e transfer.  I only know that this is how my daughter gets paid and with her assistance I paid a downpayment to a wedding consultant using this method.  The method is something like this:
from your online banking you select to pay or transfer x  amount of $ using e transfer.  You need to give  the correct email for this person, then submit
and poof your money is gone! well not quite it’s in cyber bank, ha ha
When the recipiant gets the email or txt message they fill out their bank info and submit.  Now your money is gone hopefully where you wanted it to go.
Checks are almost obsolete as well.  I needed a void copy of a check for an automatic withdrawl.  So I went to my online banking and selected the bank account
then account details and found void check,
click on it to print
then scanned it using my printer & mac to where it needed to go.
all done without leaving the house.  really quite amazing.
Seems we are going paperless whether we like it or not.
I rely on our kids to help us out with this e stuff.
Good luck,
Catherine J
.