[Nfb-krafters-korner] upcoming class: notes on jams and jellies

Jean Menzies jemenzies at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 20 17:21:46 UTC 2016

Nella,

Not sure what the bush is like or what colour they are. But they are very
small, have very little flesh, and a large stone inside. You would need a
lot of them to do anything with. They are very drying in the mouth, very
much like a choke cherry. We live on the west coast on Vancouver Island, and
they grow wild around us. Some people were gathering them last winter when
we moved here. I know that my guide dog loved the ones that fell in our
yard, and when I checked the mighty Internet to see if they were toxic or
anything, it said that hawthorn berry is very good for heart and circulation
for dogs. So, I gather they are quite medicinal.

Jean