[Nfb-krafters-korner] what officers are up for election?

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:27:22 UTC 2016

Well, now we know! I just read the constitution.

This is an even year so.

Do you want your existing board of directors to stay? If not, you'd better
talk to Joyce about this ASAP.

Article V.  Officers and Their Duties.  There shall be elected at the
regular annual meeting during each even-numbered year: President, First Vice
President, Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.  The two-year
terms of these officers shall begin at the close of the meeting at which
they are elected and qualified.  Officers shall be elected by a majority
vote of the active members present and voting.  There shall be no proxy
voting.  If no nominee receives a majority vote on the first ballot, the
name of the person receiving the fewest votes shall be dropped from the list
of nominees, and a second ballot shall be taken.  This procedure shall
continue until one of the nominees has received a majority vote from the
active members present and voting.  The duties of each officer shall be
those ordinarily associated with that office.  The President and the Vice
Presidents must be blind.