[Nfb-krafters-korner] Minutes from Membership Meeting

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 23:49:12 UTC 2016

Minutes: NFB Crafters Division
February 26, 2016
The meeting was called to order by the President, Joyce Kane, at 6:00 p m
mountain time.  Present were Lennard Schlenk, Annette Carr, Joyce Kane,
Terry Knox, Terry Powers, Henry Osborne, Theresa Tayler, Ramona Walhof,
Lisamaria Martinez, Carol Osmar, Henrietta Brewer, Courtney Smith, Cathy
Flesher, Greg Capps, Jill Rossiter, Cindy Zimmer, and Annely Rose.

The first discussion was about the new Website on Word Press which will go
up February 29 or March 1.  Jill R. Cathy F., and Dixie S. will be handling
different parts of it on an ongoing basis.  Ken Tayler has created the site
and will
 provide assistance as needed.  All of these people are able to volunteer
their work.  From February 2015 to February 16, we paid 410 dollars to Site
Wonders for work on the former Website inaddition to several hours a month
the Webmaster volunteered. This is an opportunity to modernize the software
and use more people's time and knowledge on the Website. February 29 on the
Monday night chat there will be an introduction to the new Website.  Monday,
March 14 there will be more discussion of changes that have occurred.

The Secretary read the minutes from the meeting of October 22, 2015.  Cathy
moved and Jill seconded that we approve the minutes, and it passed.

Len asked about financial help for members to go to the NFB convention this
summer.  After brief discussion,
Ramona moved and Lisamaria seconded that we authorize a total of 1000
dollars to assist several members who need and apply for financial
assistance to attend convention with the understanding that they will help
at the Craft Show and attend the Division business meeting, and further that
a committee be appointed to announce that this assistance is available and
take applications.  The motion passed.  The following people are now
planning to attend convention:  Lisamaria, Theresa, Cindy z.  Ramona, Len,
Annely and Michelle., and Carol will attend the craft show only.
The Craft Show will be June 30 from 12:00 noon to 6:00 p m.  The division
meeting will be at 7:00 p m July 2.  The convention assistance committee
will be Lisamaria, Terry Knox, and Ramona.
 Cindy Z. gave the Treasurer's report.  Current balances are 1149.96 in the
paypal account and 2223.11 in our bank account.  Lisamaria moved and several
people seconded the motion to accept the Treasurer's report.

Cathy F. gave a report on greeting cards.  She has two new Christmas cards,
a large size with Christmas tree on front; small size with a bell on the
front.  We will continue to sell all the cards we had last year which are
best wishes and get well. Verses on the inside of cards are general so can
be used with more variety of cards.   Best wishes can be used for birthdays.
We will sell at the craft show, but probably not at the exhibit room at the
convention. Cathy is making up packets of card samples.  We are encouraging
members to take these packets and sell the cards wherever they go. Cards can
be paid for on paypal or members can send money directly to Cindy.
   Theresa wants to try to get enough help for Exhibit room at convention
and will work it herself, as well. Anyone who can help with this should
contact Theresa.

We also discussed the small hand-made items that were sold at last year's
convention.  Cindy Z. still has some of them. Scrubbies made of nylon
netting were sold out.  Carol who made them was encouraged to teach  a class
on them.  No decision was made about selling or making more of them.

Jill and Terry K. recommended that we establish a fund in memory of John
Kane and Dan Brewer, mmembers' spouses who have recently passed away, to be
called the Kane/Brewer fund.  People who need it can request that this fund
be used to pay for a year's membership for them.  The fund will be built
from donations from members who wish to make gifts in memory or in honor of
others. Ramona moved we begin this fund with 200 dollars from the general
treasury.  Cindy Z. seconded it and it passed.

We adjourned at 7:50 mountain standard time.
Respectfully Submitted
Ramona Walhof Secretary