[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hexagon and Square hot pad looms

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 19 22:12:38 UTC 2016

Back in the 70's when I was attending residential school for the blind, we
made placemats using this technique on a rectangle shaped loom.  There was
also a square loom around 15 or 18 inches in size.  I have a pillow cover I
made using this loom.  We wrapped the yarn around the pegs of the loom like
Dixie described, and then tied a piece of yarn around each yarn
intersection.  Then we snipped half of the strands between each tied
intersection.  This made a pompom effect at each intersection.  The finished
yarn mat was then sewn onto a cloth pillow cover.

I had forgotten all about this type of loom.  I've got to say, I did not
like having to tie up all of the yarn  intersections.

Annette