[Nfb-krafters-korner] Candlemaking

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue May 3 23:07:41 UTC 2016

I only gave you a little information regarding candlemaking.  There are all
types of factors that need to be decided before you even consider making
candles.

There is a lot of information on the internet and I would advise to start
reading and understanding the differences between the waxes.  Different
waxes are good for making certain type of candles and you need to know that.

The one pour wax is the easiest to work with, but it needs to be put in a
container and can not be used for much more then that.  You then have to
learn about wicks as there are different wicks for certain waxes and if you
don't use the proper wick your candles can smoke when you burn them, burn
too fast, etc.

There are different wax melting devises as different waxes melt at different
temperatures.

There is a lot to learn before you can jump in and without the knowledge I
don't want anyone burning down their house.

I think all that is interested can do their homework and I am willing to
answer questions best to my knowledge, but I have not made candles out of
many different kinds of waxes, so I can't help with what I edon't have
experience with.

I won't have time to look up some of my resources for candle making until
the weekend.  Too many doctors appointments this week.  Wait until the
weekend to send me questions off list please.

Joyce