[Nfb-krafters-korner] Measuring Hot Candle Wax and Other Candlemaking Questions

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue May 3 23:29:19 UTC 2016

I will agree about asking questions, but when so many are put in one email ,
it is hard to answer each one properly.  I didn't answer all her questions
and I didn't go into detail with many.  That is why I wrote to the list
again to give the idea how this has so much information.

One last one is you need to know how much wax is needed to fill a container
and unless you want to make all your candles smell the same then you can
melt down larger amounts and figure out how much fragrance you need for a
pound or 2 pounds of wax.  That is a little bit easier, but if you are like
me I want a bunch of different smelling candles and when I purchased my
glassware I would take notes on the size of containers.  That way I would
know how much wax I needed to cut and then how much fragrance to add.

Color is a whole other issue with calculations and your wax color.  I had
found a place that sold color chips and 1 chip would color 1 pound of wax
the same color of the chip if the wax was clear.  If the wax was white you
would have to add twice as much.  The wax  chips I could cut into 4ths so
could color 4 ounces or 8 or 12 ounces at one time.  I did use white wax as
most the time people liked the pastels.

Joyce