[Nfb-krafters-korner] 3 D Printing

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Fri May 13 13:29:38 UTC 2016

I saw some examples of 3 D printing at National.  One was a tree trunk and the other was, if I remember right, a persons face.
Our blind group, at work, had someone come in and give a talk on 3 D printing.  They let us feal a 3 D model of a molecule.

It makes me wish I was young again so I could enjoy this new technology and maybe be a doctor or do something in the sciences.
If only my epelepsi had not hit, maybe this dreem, might have come true.  I did dream of being a teacher, when I was a kid.

Maybe after retiring, I might try out this oven baking clay.

My sister did clay, while the kilm was available.  I guess interest, declined.
I have a panda cookie jar and a collie, she made!

Since I can not see very well, I started collecting beany babies and some small statchues, to learn what animals looked like.
How does a totally blind person do a pictury in pottery or a picture at all, when they can not see the universe?
I have never been able to see facial characteristics so I would have no idea how to draw a face.  Also, I know faces have different shapes.
I guess we draw what we have felt or had someone describe to us.
I am more into  shapes and designs.  That is how I got into plastic canvas.

Terry P.