[Nfb-krafters-korner] wonderful yarn

Lighthouse lighthouse1948 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 18 17:21:07 UTC 2016

Hi fellow crafters,

My daughter requested a soft fluffy scarf for Christmas.  I went to one
craft store Wednesday to buy yarn.  It is soft, but it is to thick and not
fluffy.  Thursday I went to a yarn shop and felt el packa yarn for the first
time.  Then the clerk showed me that really soft wool, I can't think of the
name.  Next I saw el packa and bamboo yarn.  I chose the el packa and bamboo
yarn.  The label said to use size 11 needles, which seemed kind of big to
me.  I started working it last night and it feels wonderful.  She will be
happy that it is natural fibers, and I think she will love the feel.  I am
using the mistake stitch ribbing stitch.  That gives it some thickness.

I have so little stamina, this was quite draining for me, but I am excited
that it is making up nicely.  We also had our first N F B meeting after
being sanctioned last night.  Two outings in one day made me a very tired
bear today.  I am hopeful that my heart surgery can be done in 2 to 3 weeks,
so I can get back to living and working.

Bernice and the sweet Octane.