[Nfb-krafters-korner] oT: Joyce's Quilting Class

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 16:09:50 UTC 2016

I did a lot of explaining and I hope they did a lot of understanding.

I might have muddied the waters as we concentrated on putting 3 pieces
together.  The challenge was it did not come out in the shape of a square.
And I was trying to just tell them this is a part of a row.  Mentioning the
next piece that you sew to these shapes I think I lost a lot of them.  I was
just trying to give them an idea of how this weird shape will come out as a
row.  Too much information.

The instructions are one step at a time and I already sent out the first
step last night.

I had a completed one and my Mom trying to tell me how you do it.  Let me
say this, as this creates 8 star points and I was trying to feel it I got
really confused.  I would hold up a point and say to my Mom so where is the
3 rows?  Then I tried asking from the center square, where are the 3 rows?
Finally I asked and got a clearer understanding, where is the top center
point of the middle star.  I put a safety pin on that one which is still on
it so I can picture the 3 rows and feel them.

This all will come together next week with a better understanding.

Let me know if any of you need help.  Blindhands at aol.com.  My phone number
please send me off list to ask me or it is on our website and also can be
found on the NFB.org website.

Joyce