[Nfb-krafters-korner] Patterns & classes

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Mon Oct 24 15:23:22 UTC 2016

Well said Courtney.
Terry K

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Courtney Fulghum Smith via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 10:55 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Cc: Courtney Fulghum Smith
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Patterns & classes

Good morning fellow crafters.

I have been reading all of the chatter about knitted & crochet sweaters. I
am not a knitter or crocheter, but I am challenged about the idea of such
project.

Folks have asked about more challenging classes & one is being offered in
early 2017. How exciting!  I've read some posts where folks are excited
about the class & then I've read posts complaining about the type of class
being taught.

A lot of preparation goes into planning a class & it can be very
discouraging to an instructor to read these comments. Folks, if you don't
like the class that is being taught, don't complain, especially on list.
You have two choices, don't take the class or accept the challenge of
learning something new. If you don't like something in the pattern, make
adaptions.  There is nothing in the rule book that says you have to follow a
pattern exactly as it is written.

As instructors, we work hard to bring you the projects that you want to
learn. We take time to research patterns, make the project, write the
pattern in a way that is as easy as possible for a blind individual,
volunteer our time to teach the class & send our students the pattern. When
we read negative comments about the class we have worked so hard to teach
our students, it becomes very discouraging & makes it where we don't want to
teach other classes.

I know this is a lengthy post, but I feel it is something that needed to be
said.

Now, let's get back to crafting!

--
Courtney