[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: seeking lock-lid saucepan

Deborah Armstrong debee at jfcl.com
Thu Sep 1 22:31:56 UTC 2016

When I was a teen some 40 years ago, I bought a saucepan from the AFB
Aids and appliances catalog. It was called the "Lock-Lid" saucepan and
it indeed had a lid which locked tight.

On the side of the pan,about an inch above its rim was a series of
holes. You could cook pasta or vegetables in the pan, then carry it over
the sink and drain the liquid by pouring it out through the holes; no
need for a separate strainer.

When I moved out, I let my Dad keep the pan, because even though he was
sighted, he thought it was the best "blindness appliance" ever made.
That was also 40 years ago, and when my dad passed away, my mom, who
does not cook gave it to a thrift store, not realizing I would have
liked it back.

Now I want one,and I don't know where to find such a saucepan. Any ideas?

--Debee