[Nfb-krafters-korner] upcoming class Basic Knitting Stitches

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:40:09 UTC 2016

Basic Knitting Stitches

Class Name: Basic Knitting Stitches

Craft Category: needle knitting

Class Type: phone

Instructor: Ramona

Class Dates: Thursday, October 20 and 27, 2016

Class time: 8:30 PM eastern

Sign Up Deadline: 10/13/2016

Class Description: Description: We will review for those who already know
and learn for those who do not know some basic knitting stitches as follows:
garter stitch, stockinette stitch, rib stitch, seed stitch, double moss
stitch, and basket weave or checker boards of various sizes.

You will be asked to make swatches using each stitch so you can tell the
different feel of these stitches.  You may work 20 or more of each row, then
continue to the next stitch, or you may use different needles for each.  You
can even slide one swatch around the  needle while you begin the next
stitch.  But you will want to complete the twenty rows with each stitch to
really feel the differences.  Some of this should be done between classes.

Skill Level: You must know how to knit and purl, cast on and cast off.

Supplies Needed:

You will need one or more circular needles or two straight knitting needles.
I recommend size 8 or 9.  You will also need yarn worsted weight.  You may
use the same needles for each stitch or separate them on different needles
if you have several needles.

Where can you get supplies?

You may have all you need on hand.  You should be able to buy worsted weight
yarn and circular or straight knitting needles at Walmart or Joanne's, or
any yarn store

Sign up here!