[Nfb-krafters-korner] Your Questions about the Knit Dish Cloths

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 16:48:52 UTC 2016

I don't worry about gauge in the classes since it is an individual dish
cloth and not intended to fit into another project.
That being said, the dishcloths that I have taught run about 8 inches
square, give or take.

This November cloth though, will be a bit larger than that.    It is meant
to be large enough to cover your bread in your Thanksgiving Bread Basket.

I do use my dish cloths as wash rags in the kitchen.  I save my nicer ones
to donate to the church fair, or give as gifts.

I always have one folded underneath the handle of my kitchen faucet.    I
have one of those counter mounted faucets and I am forever dribbling water
on the counter with my wet hands as I reach for the handle of the faucet.
By keeping a washcloth folded underneath the handle it absorbs those drips
and keeps the rest of the counter dry.

The knit dishcloth is so much nicer there than an old sponge!
I also use the wash cloths as hot pads on my kitchen table.  As long as they
are made of the 100 percent cotton they will not scorch when a hot pan or
casserole is placed on it.

Finally, I  have chosen to keep some of my more special  ones to pamper
myself when I take a bath.  These get softer each time I wash and dry them
in the dryer.

Dixie
@-> ~ <-@