[Nfb-krafters-korner] Postage online info

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 01:50:32 UTC 2016

For those who asked me about shipping:

Stamps.com
Has a $15.99 per month fe e

Dymo stamps online does not have a monthly fee, but
Print postage instantly from your desktop, with no added or hidden costs!
DYMO Stamps Online is the only no-monthly-fee electronic postage solution
available,
allowing small businesses to print postage whenever they need it.  And, with
an active
Endicia Standard
 account, you can now print shipping labels too.

Endicia Standard  account costs $9.99 per month and works with Dymo stamps
online.  So you pay $10 to print your mailing labels.

Now there is a third one by Pitney Bowes  and If you are a single user It is
$15 per month and you get to pick 1 mailing service.  And for $25 per month
you get to compare all service rates [USPS, UPS, and those others] and use
which ever you want.

I have heard that the Post Office online your cost is less then if you
actually go to the post office.  You can get Priority boxes delivered to
your home for free and the USPS will pick your mail or packages up from your
home.  I have heard the USPS website is not the easiest to use with a
screenreader.  When I went to the Postoffice last week, I went to use my
debit card.  Mind you this is the only Post Office in my town and when I
went to put in my 4 digit secret code number, there was no closure around my
hand to prevent folks from seeing me putting the numbers in and worst of all
there was a dot on the 5 and the rest of the number areas were smooth
without any way of feeling where each digit started and stopped.  This was
at a government run Post Office.  Doesn't the USPS run under the Federal
Government?

Well when I started to complain the lady behind the counter told me to
complain to my Senator.  I asked her to close her eyes and see if she could
put 4 numbers in and be sure they are what she wants them to be.

This is the first time in a long time that I have come across one of these
debit/credit card things that had no way of feeling each button.  I can
remember when I would complain about no raised dot on the 5.

**note here  you have to use Dymo labels for the dymo stamps online.

I looked into a thermal label printer to use with your computer and from
what I read they don't have settings that match the automatic type that goes
with EBay and others, but it did say how to get it set up manually for that.

Joyce